At the centre of Trailer Park Boys are Ricky (Robb Wells) and Julian (John Paul Tremblay), two guys whose lives were shaped by their experiences growing up in the Trailer Park. Their childhood was typical of most trailer park kids - stealing, fighting, smoking, drinking, scamming and listening to Van Halen. The Boys have had their share of trouble with the law.
Most of their adult lives have been spent behind bars of one kind or another. In fact, as the inaugural series begins, both Ricky and Julian are getting out of jail. Ricky and Julian blame each other for this most recent incarceration and, now, as Julian prepares to start all over again, he refuses to talk to Ricky. Julian wants and tries throughout the series to go straight - but old habits die hard. And that's just fine with Ricky. And this is what starts all the crazy events that takes place in the mocumentary-comedy of Trailer Park Boys.
- Best Ensemble Performance in a Comedy Program or Series (2005 Gemini Awards)
- Best Comedy Program or Series (Barrie Dunn, Mike Clattenburg, Michael Volpe, 2004 Gemini Awards)
- Viewers's Choice for Favorite Comedian (Mike Smith, for season 2, 2003 Gemini Awards)
- The final season ended in 2007, and the final episode, "Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys", premiered as a special on Showcase on December 7, 2008, ending the series.
- Mike Smith (Bubbles) owns a cat named Bubbles.
- Each season was filmed in different trailer parks, all in Nova Scotia, Canada. The pilot was filmed in Spryfield, Nova Scotia. The first season was filmed in Sackville, Nova Scotia. The second in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The third in Lakeside, Nova Scotia, The fourth in Dartmouth again (in a different park then the second) and finally for the Christmas special they have their own park in Dartmouth, which they will be using for the fifth season onward.
- Robb Wells owns the car Mr Lahey drives.
- Mike Clattenberg owns the derelict car Ricky lives in.